Caregivers assist individuals who have difficulty performing basic day-to-day activities, for example, the elderly, disabled persons, or people suffering from chronic or mental disorders. A Caregiver’s duties include assisting with personal care, administering medication, and providing companionship. They work in their clients’ homes or in special care facilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Caregiver Job Description
We are seeking an attentive and trustworthy Caregiver to join our staff in providing excellent care to our clients. The Caregiver will plan and follow a daily care schedule with clients, modify care plans as prescribed by medical professionals, and report on any new conditions or needs that may arise.
To succeed as a Caregiver you should be patient, empathetic and have strong people’s skills. You should be observant and committed to making your client feel safe and comfortable.
- Assisting with personal care, which may include bathroom functions, bathing, grooming, dressing, and eating.
- Following a prescribed healthcare plan, which may include assisting with exercise and administering medication.
- Ensuring the client’s home is organized according to their needs and that safety measures are in place. You may also be expected to assist with some light housework.
- Providing emotional support and encouragement to perform necessary tasks.
- Providing mobility assistance may be required, for example helping the client in and out of bed, a chair, or a wheelchair.
- Transporting or escorting the client to medical and other appointments.
- Monitoring and reporting changes in health, behavior, and needs.
- A High School Diploma is required.
- Further education may be beneficial.
- Job experience and CPR training may be necessary.
- A driver’s license may be strongly desired.
- A professional and friendly attitude.
- A willingness to work flexible hours, which may include night shifts.