Caregivers help individuals who struggle to perform basic day-to-day activities, for example the elderly, or people suffering from chronic or mental disorders. Strong candidates will exhibit empathy, good communication skills, and knowledge of caring for individuals with special needs. Avoid candidates who seem unfriendly and impatient.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Caregivers
1. How would you respond to a client who refuses to take his/her medication?
Tests the applicant's ability to think outside the box, and reveals how they deal with conflict.
2. Describe a time when you noticed that a client's health was deteriorating. How did you handle the situation?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of how to handle difficult situations, how they report concerns, and how they treat the client.
3. Why did you become a Caregiver? What about the job appeals to you?
Reveals more about the candidate's personality. Look for candidates who exhibit kindness and empathy.
4. What actions would you take if the client was showing signs of a heart attack?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of responding in an emergency situation.
5. Do you have experience caring for stroke patients?
Reveals more about the candidate's prior experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources