A medical assistant is responsible for everything from administrative work to patient and physician support tasks at hospitals, doctor offices, medical clinics and other facilities. They may help getting a patient's medical history information or taking their vital signs. The scope of their work will depend on the needs of the facility or practice.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Medical Assistant Job Description Template
We are seeking to hire a Medical Assistant who will be responsible for assisting with administrative duties at our facility. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for obtaining patient records and test results, coordinating daily administrative tasks, preparing treatment rooms for examinations, and assisting our practitioners during medical procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be certified from a medical assistant program and have at least one to two years of prior experience in a medical setting. A basic understanding of patient care and medical terminology will be a huge advantage for you.
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Obtaining and recording patient medical histories, vitals, test results and other information for medical records while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Coordinating the daily administrative activities, including scheduling, patient check-in and check-out, and patient medical record maintenance.
- Preparing treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assisting practitioners with medical procedures and other patient care.
- Delivering compassionate support, attention, and assistance to patients and families.
- Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Preparing and administering medications for patients as directed by physicians.
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- Must have certification from a medical assistant program or military medical corpsman program.
- One to two years of experience in a medical setting.
- Have high school diploma, bachelor degree, or equivalent.
- A basic understanding of patient care, medical terminology, coding procedures, reference tools, and appropriate clinical pharmacology for medical assistant practice scope.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with electronic medical health care record systems.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources