Surgical Technologist Job Description Template
We are looking for a qualified surgical technologist to assist with the operations in our facility. You will be tasked with preparing and sterilizing the operating rooms, as well as the necessary equipment and instruments, prior to any surgical procedure. You will also be charged with preparing the patients for surgery and help provide a great patient experience overall.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a strong understanding of surgical technology and procedure. Experience with instrumentation is greatly preferred.
Surgical Technologist Responsibilities:
- Preparing sterile operating rooms for surgeries.
- Sterilizing equipment and instruments.
- Stocking adequate supplies for surgery.
- Preparing patients for surgery by washing and disinfecting incision sites.
- Providing support during surgery by passing instruments and other supplies.
- Tracking surgical supplies.
- Staying up-to-date on surgical technology, medical terminology, and procedures.
- Working well with surgeons, surgical assistant, nurses and general surgical team.
- Helping provide great patient care.
Surgical Technologist Requirements:
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program and surgical technologist certification.
- Experience with instrumentation.
- Current BCLS.
- Strong understanding of surgical technology and surgical procedure.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Passionate about patient care.