Surgical Technologists, or Surgical Technicians, ensure that operating rooms are stocked with necessary equipment and sterilized tools and may assist doctors during surgery. Strong candidates will be thorough, efficient, and familiar with surgical instruments and procedures. Avoid those who do not respond well under stress.
Interview Questions for Surgical Technologists
1. How do you prepare an operating room for surgery?
Shows attention to detail.
2. What is the biggest mistake you’ve ever made in the operating room? How did you fix it?
Reveals possible weaknesses.
3. Describe some of the surgeries you’ve assisted with. How involved were you in the process?
Reveals more about work history.
4. What was the most stressful or challenging surgery in which you participated? How did you cope with the stress?
Tests response to stress.
5. How do you handle disagreements with surgical staff members/surgeons?
Tests interpersonal skills.