Interview Questions for Sterile Processing Technicians:
1. Which sterilization process do you prefer when working with surgical instruments and why?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of sterilization procedures.
2. What methods do you use to ensure all medical supplies are properly cleaned, sterilized, and stored?
Demonstrates candidates' attention to detail and organizational skills.
3. What tools and equipment would you prepare for an instrument tray to be used in a bypass surgery?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of surgical tools and their ability to work independently.
4. What would you do if you noticed a colleague dropping a tool and then replacing it on the tray without resterilizing it?
Demonstrates candidates' team working, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
5. What basic issues or problems would you expect to see occurring in the longterm use of sterilization equipment, and how would you resolve the issues?
Demonstrates candidates' technical skills.