Case Manager Job Description Template
We are interested in hiring a new case manager to join our team and take ownership of a number of new and existing cases. You should have previous experience as a case manager owning a large portfolio of cases. You will need a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and experience working with clients to develop treatment plans.
Case Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of cases.
- Meeting with clients on a regular basis.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proactively managing providers.
- Working in accordance with relevant legislation, health care best practices, and internal policy and procedure.
- Accurately updating and maintain cases.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date case information.
- Helping to manage patient health care needs and services in areas such as long-term care, mental health, substance abuse, and geriatric care.
- Work with clients to create a treatment plan.
- Work with each service provider on a discharge plan.
Case Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or master's degree in business, communications, social work, or related field.
- Experience as a case manager.
- Experience working with clients to develop a treatment plan.
- Sound knowledge of legislation relevant to cases.
- Valid driver's license.
- Background in health care, social work, mental health, disability care, substance abuse recovery, geriatric care, and long-term care.
- Demonstrated experience within a customer service environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outcome-focused with the ability to manage competing demands.