A Case Manager helps people manage their healthcare and social service needs by assisting them in getting access to services. Clients may include the chronically ill, elderly, children, and people going through physical rehabilitation.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Case Manager Job Description Template
We are interested in hiring a new Case Manager to join our team and take ownership of a number of new and existing cases. You should have previous experience as a Case Manager owning a large portfolio of cases. You will need a bachelors degree in a relevant field and experience working with clients to develop treatment plans.
Case Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of cases.
- Meeting with clients on a regular basis.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Proactively managing providers.
- Working in accordance with relevant legislation, health care best practices, and internal policy and procedure.
- Accurately updating and maintain cases.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date case information.
- Helping to manage patient health care needs and services in areas such as long-term care, mental health, substance abuse, and geriatric care.
- Work with clients to create a treatment plan.
- Work with each service provider on discharge plan.
Case Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or master degree in business, communications, social work or related field.
- Experience as a case manager.
- Experience working with clients to develop a treatment plan.
- Sound knowledge of legislation relevant to cases.
- Valid driver license.
- Background in health care, social work, mental health, disability care, substance abuse recovery, geriatric care, and long-term care.
- Demonstrated experience within a customer service environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outcome focused with the ability to manage competing demands.
Similar Job Descriptions