A registered nurse, or RN, typically monitors patients, administers medications, keeps records, consults with healthcare providers, educates patients and more. They typically do not need to meet the master's degree requirement of a nurse practitioner.
Find the right RN for your needs with our template below. This template is easily adaptable for hiring a surgical nurse, perioperative nurse, psychiatric nurse, critical care nurse, nurse anesthetist, dialysis nurse, endoscopy nurse and more.
Registered Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
Registered Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or master degree in nursing.
- Pass the National Council Licensure Examination or NCLEX-RN.
- Current state licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification required.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR
- ACLS certification
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, physicians and hospital staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Professional, friendly attitude.
- Experience in home health care.
- Experience in emergency room or intensive care.
Post a Registered Nurse job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission