Interview Questions for Mental Health Workers
1. How would you respond to a client who refuses to take his/her medication?
Tests the applicant's ability to think outside the box, and reveals how they deal with conflict.
2. Describe a time when you noticed that a client's health was deteriorating. How did you handle the situation?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of how to handle difficult situations, how they report concerns, and how they treat the client.
3. Why did you become a Mental Health Worker? What about the job appeals to you?
Reveals more about the candidate's personality. Look for candidates who exhibit kindness and empathy.
4. Describe a time when you were able to console an emotional patient. How did you do it?
5. Explain how you’ve handled disagreements with registered nurses/doctors. How did it turn out?
Tests job knowledge.