A Counselor is a qualified individual who uses counseling methods to help people manage and overcome mental and emotional issues. Their duties include listening to patients, developing treatment plans, and creating coping strategies. They work in mental health facilities, hospitals, and schools.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Counselor Job Description Template:
We are searching for a skilled Counselor to help provide direction and support to all our patients. You will actively help patients build coping mechanisms to guide them through stressful situations. Your duties will also include listening to clients, asking necessary questions, and developing effective strategies to improve their lives.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, along with the ability to coordinate with support networks, government resources, and community resources that are also working with your patients. The successful candidate will also be friendly and professional, with outstanding people skills.
- Assess patients through detailed conversations, interviews, and observations to determine the appropriate testing or examination.
- Diagnose patient’s mental and emotional disorders.
- Create effective treatment plans that include counseling, medication, or other services.
- Work with your patient and develop goals.
- Regularly discuss the treatment plan with your patient to identify faults or room for improvement.
- Educate appropriate coping mechanisms to help patients through tough situations.
- Record the patient’s progress and change their treatment plan when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a professional counselor.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude to empathize with clients and help them open up.
- Good time management skills.
- Proven experience in developing effective treatment plans.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources