Counselor Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled counselor to help provide direction and support to all our patients. You will actively help patients build coping mechanisms to guide them through stressful situations. Your duties will also include listening to clients, asking necessary questions, and developing effective strategies to improve their lives.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, along with the ability to coordinate with support networks, government resources, and community resources that are also working with your patients. The successful candidate will also be friendly and professional, with outstanding people skills.
- Assessing patients through detailed conversations, interviews, and observations to determine the appropriate testing or examination.
- Diagnosing the patient’s mental and emotional disorders.
- Creating effective treatment plans that include counseling, medication, or other services.
- Working with your patient and developing goals.
- Discussing the treatment plan with your patient on a regular basis to identify faults or room for improvement.
- Educating patients about appropriate coping mechanisms to help them through tough situations.
- Recording the patient’s progress and changing their treatment plan when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or counseling.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a professional counselor.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude to empathize with clients and help them open up.
- Good time management skills.
- Proven experience in developing effective treatment plans.