Counselor Interview Questions:
1. How do you stay updated on the latest trends and news in the field of counseling?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of the latest trends and techniques.
2. What factors do you assess before recommending a treatment plan?
Highlights the candidate’s education and training history.
3. Can you describe two effective coping mechanisms for someone suffering from anxiety?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of coping mechanisms and counseling methods.
4. Can you describe the characteristics of someone diagnosed with Bipolar?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to diagnose mental and emotional disorders.
5. One of your clients is hesitant to speak at your sessions. How would you help to ease their tension?
Reveals the candidate’s communication and people skills.