Counselors are professional individuals who help people going through a stressful situation by providing guidance and support. Their principal goal is to help patients understand issues they are facing in their lives by developing coping mechanisms, treatment plans, and patient goals.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Counselor Interview Questions:
1. How do you stay updated on the latest trends and news in the field of counseling?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of the latest trends and techniques.
2. What factors do you assess before recommending a treatment plan?
Highlights the candidate’s education and training history.
3. Can you describe two effective coping mechanisms for someone suffering from anxiety?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of coping mechanisms and counseling methods.
4. Can you describe the characteristics of someone diagnosed with Bipolar?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to diagnose mental and emotional disorders.
5. One of your clients is hesitant to speak at your sessions. How would you help to ease their tension?
Reveals the candidate’s communication and people skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources