Occupational Therapist Job Description Template
We are seeking a licensed occupational therapist to join our growing team of medical professionals. You will be working with patients who are recovering from injuries and disabilities and help them regain their abilities so that they can resume work. Duties will include conducting a physical assessment of clients, developing treatment plans, assessing work and home environments of clients, and developing physical rehabilitation programs.
A bachelor's degree in occupational therapy and a state license is required to be considered as a candidate. To be a successful hire, you will need to have up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices and physical therapy programs.
Occupational Therapist Responsibilities:
- Conducting physical and psychological assessments of clients and developing or following a treatment plan.
- Assessing home and work environments of clients and deciding what adjustments are needed.
- Advising on adaptive equipment to help clients with daily activities.
- Developing physical rehabilitation programs to help clients regain lost skills.
- Preparing clients for a return to work.
- Educating caregivers and family members of clients on patient care.
- Evaluating results and progress of occupational therapy on clients.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and the technical progress in order to provide clients with the best treatment program available.
- Complying with federal, state, and local certification requirements.
- Evaluating patient condition regarding physical and basic mental health.
Occupational Therapist Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in occupational therapy from a university certified by the ACOTE (Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education) or AOTA (American -Occupational Therapy Association).
- Certified by the National Board for Certification.
- Compliant with state healthcare regulatory requirements.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices and physical therapy programs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Ability to assess patient conditions and work with treatment plans.