Athletic Trainers work with medical professionals assist coaches and athletes to ensure that players are ready to play, maintain proper diets, and receive proper treatment in the event of illness or injury. They evaluate the physical condition of athletes, assist with establishing dietary and fitness plans, and use their knowledge of sports related injuries to diagnose and treat players.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Athletic Trainer Job Description Template
We are looking for driven, dedicated Athletic Trainer who will be invested in the success of our athletes. The Athletic Trainer will work with medical professionals and coaches to evaluate athlete condition, establish plans for diet, fitness, and treatment, and track player progress towards health and fitness goals. You should be motivated and excited to assist athletes, coaches, and families realize their potential and possess a strong understanding of sports-related injuries and treatments.
To be a successful Athletic Trainer, you should be committed to ensuring athletes accomplish their health and fitness goals and receive the proper training and treatment. You should be caring, knowledgeable, and passionate about the success of your athletes.
Athletic Trainer Responsibilities:
- Working with coaches, athletes, and medical professionals to evaluate player condition and create exercise and nutrition plans.
- Speaking to coaches, family members, and athletes to set health and fitness goals.
- Designing training and rehabilitation programs for athletes.
- Using knowledge of sports-related injuries to diagnose and treat athletes or referring them to the care of a doctor or other medical staff member.
- Assisting injured players as they heal and tracking their progress towards recovery.
- Maintaining records relating to athlete condition and training, diet, and treatment plans.
- Handling clerical tasks, such as maintaining inventory, assisting with budgets, or restocking supplies.
Athletic Trainer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training and a valid state license or certification.
- More education or experience may be desired.
- Strong understanding of the challenges athletes face, proper nutrition, sports injuries, and treatment options.
- Understanding of first-aid treatments, massage, and physical therapy techniques and equipment.
- Invested in player success.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and attentive, especially where the needs and health of athletes are concerned.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision making, and communication skills.