Athletic Trainers work with medical professionals, coaches and athletes to ensure that players are ready to play, maintain proper diets, and receive proper treatment in the event of illness or injury. They evaluate the physical condition of athletes, assist with establishing dietary and fitness plans, and use their knowledge of sports-related injuries to diagnose and treat players.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Athletic Trainer Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated Athletic Trainer who will be invested in the success of our athletes. The Athletic Trainer will work with medical professionals and coaches to evaluate athletes' condition, establish plans for diet, fitness, and treatment, and track progress towards health and fitness goals. You should be motivated to assist athletes, coaches, and families realize their potential and possess a strong understanding of sports-related injuries and treatments.
To be a successful Athletic Trainer, you should be committed to ensuring athletes accomplish their health and fitness goals and receive the proper training and treatment. You should be caring, knowledgeable, and passionate about the success of your athletes.
Athletic Trainer Responsibilities:
- Working with coaches, athletes, and medical professionals to evaluate the player condition.
- Creating exercise and nutrition plans.
- Speaking to coaches, family members, and athletes to set health and fitness goals.
- Designing training and rehabilitation programs for athletes.
- Using knowledge of sports-related injuries to diagnose and treat athletes.
- Referring athletes to another doctor or other medical staff members.
- Assisting and monitoring injured players as they heal and progress towards recovery.
- Maintaining records relating to athlete condition and training, diet, and treatment plans.
- Handling clerical tasks, such as maintaining inventory, assisting with budgets, or restocking supplies.
Athletic Trainer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training and a valid state license or certification.
- Proven education or experience may be desired.
- Strong understanding of the challenges athletes face, proper nutrition, sports injuries, and treatment options.
- Understanding of first-aid treatments, massage, and physical therapy techniques and equipment.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and attentive.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision making, and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions