Physical therapists use exercises, massage, functional movement training and other techniques to help people injuries and illness recover movement, reduce pain, get stronger and more flexible, and perform day to day tasks.
Their patients often suffer from fractures, neck can back injuries, neurological disorders and injuries related to sports and work. The therapist will develop a treatment plan to assist in their long term recovery.
They may also be called a physical therapy technician or sport therapist.
Physical Therapist Job Description Template
We are looking for a licensed Physical Therapist to join our team of health professionals in providing excellent health care in our facility. Typically, you'll be working with post-op patients to help them with recovery. You will be consulting with them to learn about their current condition and assess their patient evaluations in order to develop proper treatment plans. You will also be creating personalized fitness-oriented health care programs and administer physical therapy treatments to relieve pain and improve the patients' mobility.
A master's degree in Physical Therapy and a state license is required for consideration. To be successful in this role, you will need to be updated with the latest knowledge in treatment practices, as well as the ability to manage various types of patients.
Physical Therapist Responsibilities
- Consulting with patients to learn about their physical condition.
- Assessing and interpreting patient evaluations and test results.
- Developing treatment plans using a variety of treatment techniques.
- Creating personalized fitness-oriented health care programs for patients.
- Administering medically prescribed physical therapy treatments to relieve pain and improve mobility.
- Advising patients on exercise techniques.
- Advising patients and their families about in-home treatment options.
- Providing educational information about injury prevention, ergonomics and ways to promote physical health.
- Consulting and collaborating with other healthcare professionals.
- Documenting patient care history.
- Complying with rules, regulations, and procedures.
Physical Therapist Requirements
- A master degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited educational institution.
- Passed the National Physical Therapist Examination (NPTE).
- Compliant with state regulatory requirements.
- A valid license to practice physical therapy.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Compassionate and attentive to detail.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of treatment practices.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking.
- Ability to manage patients with different personalities.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence at a professional level.
- Ability to use a computer and software proficiently.
- Drive to continually learn new treatment techniques.
- Completion of an American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)-accredited residency program.
Post a Physical Therapist job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission