Stylist Job Description Template
We are looking for a chic stylist to pull clothing pieces that meet our clients' needs. To this end, the stylist should research appropriate options, source a collection of items, and then proceed to meet with clients to oversee their final selections. You should also return unwanted stock to suppliers after each consultation.
To ensure success as a stylist, you should select trendy pieces that suit clients' aesthetics, body types, and personalities. An exceptional stylist will prove to be an asset by promoting clients' access to scarce finds.
- Browsing online and brick-and-mortar stores in search of classic and fashion-forward options.
- Fulfilling specific requests such as the sourcing of local, environmentally friendly, or collector's items.
- Scouting for tough-to-find items that may have otherwise been inaccessible to clients.
- Purchasing and storing a range of suitable products ahead of each fitting.
- Meeting with clients to determine the most appropriate clothing and adjacent pieces.
- Advising on possible combinations of items to demonstrate their versatility.
- Receiving payment for the items that clients would like to purchase.
- Returning unwanted items for a full refund.
- Ensuring that clients settle their consultation fee.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in fashion styling, fashion design, or similar is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience as a stylist.
- Strong knowledge of stylish clothing and accessory combinations.
- Attentive to clients' interests, requests, and boundaries.
- Respect for time and financial limitations.
- Ability to curate collections that are appropriate for work, leisure, and special events.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Great customer service and record-keeping skills.