Stylists select an assortment of outerwear, shoes, and accessories that are suited to each client's preferences and situational requirements. Clients are typically given the option of purchasing part or all of these bespoke collections.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Stylist Job Description Template
We are looking for a chic Stylist to pull clothing pieces that meet our clients' needs. To this end, the Stylist should research appropriate options, source a collection of items, and then proceed to meet with clients to oversee their final selections. You should also return unwanted stock to suppliers after each consultation.
To ensure success as a Stylist, you should select trendy pieces that suit clients' aesthetics, body types, and personalities. An exceptional Stylist will prove to be an asset by promoting clients' access to scarce finds.
- Browsing online and brick-and-mortar stores in search of classic and fashion-forward options.
- Fulfilling specific requests such as the sourcing of local, environmentally friendly, or collector's items.
- Scouting for tough-to-find items that may have otherwise been inaccessible to clients.
- Purchasing and storing a range of suitable products ahead of each fitting.
- Meeting with clients to determine the most appropriate clothing and adjacent pieces.
- Advising on possible combinations of items to demonstrate their versatility.
- Receiving payment for the items that clients would like to purchase.
- Returning unwanted items for a full refund.
- Ensuring that clients settle their consultation fee.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Degree in Fashion Styling, Fashion Design, or similar is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience as a Stylist.
- Strong knowledge of stylish clothing and accessory combinations.
- Attentive to clients' interests, requests, and boundaries.
- Respect for time and financial limitations.
- Ability to curate collections that are appropriate for work, leisure, and special events.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Great customer service and record-keeping skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources