Also known as a Store Manager, Retail Store Managers hire and train staff to work in stores. The Retail Store Manager also orders inventory and resolves conflicts with customers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Retail Store Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a friendly and organized Retail Store Manager to oversee the successful running of our store. The Retail Store Manager is responsible for greeting customers, reaching sales targets and training staff.
To be successful as a Retail Store Manager, you must be able to multitask. A great Retail Store Manager is results-driven while keeping the needs of customers a priority.
Retail Store Manager Responsibilities:
- Greet customers.
- Hire and train staff.
- Motivate staff members during busy shifts.
- Ensure that items are undamaged.
- Ring up purchases if needed.
- Listen to customers' complaints and resolve conflicts.
- Ensure that sales targets are met.
- Open and close the store.
- Schedule regular cleaning services for the store.
Retail Store Manager Requirements:
- A degree in business management.
- Prior experience in retail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Bookkeeping skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources