Shop Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic shop manager to be in charge of the day-to-day operations of our store, coordinate staff, and ensure our customers have excellent shopping experiences. The shop manager's responsibilities include driving sales, enforcing company policies, ensuring compliance with safety regulations, and managing financial aspects such as daily revenue and salaries.
To be successful as a shop manager you should have excellent people management skills and a good understanding of business operations. An outstanding shop manager should be able to ensure the smooth operations and maximum profitability of a shop.
Shop Manager Responsibilities:
- Hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating employees.
- Preparing employee work schedules.
- Addressing employee disputes, questions, and concerns.
- Ensuring all staff adhere to safety standards, company policies, and procedures.
- Managing and accounting for all money-handling procedures.
- Ordering, recording, and managing inventory.
- Ensuring the shop is adequately stocked, clean, and visually appealing.
- Motivating employees to reach sales goals and provide excellent customer service.
- Handling customer complaints.
Shop Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in business administration or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience in a management or retail position.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Basic knowledge of accounting.
- Strong customer focus and decision-making skills.