Also known as a Store Manager, Retail Store Managers oversee store operations to ensure that sales targets are met. The Retail Store Manager is also responsible for hiring staff members, greeting customers and managing inventory.
When interviewing Retail Store Managers, the ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills. Be wary of candidates with a lack of business management experience.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Retail Store Managers:
1. How would you handle an angry customer?
Tests the candidate’s customer management skills.
2. Can you give an example of a time you solved a conflict between two colleagues?
Highlights the candidate’s experience leading a team.
3. The sales team failed to reach their monthly sales target. How would you deliver this feedback to your team?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Which strategies do you use to motivate your employees and why?
Tests the candidate’s leadership abilities.
5. What is your method for monitoring inventory levels?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of business management techniques.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources