Steward Job Description Template
We are looking for a hard-working steward to be responsible for ensuring all sanitation standards are met. The steward will attend to customer needs, assist wait staff, ensure all stations are well stocked, and assist in keeping all areas clean and sanitary. You will clean and put away dishes, clean floors and food preparation areas, refill supplies, wipe tables, and take out the trash.
To be successful as a steward, you should be committed to working hard, and have the physical stamina to be on your feet and moving for the duration of your shifts. You should be friendly and helpful to customers and have strong team working skills.
- Cleaning and setting tables and placing seasonal decorations, candles, and table cloths.
- Welcoming customers, seating them, serving them water or refilling their glasses, and delivering beverages from the bartender.
- Keeping menus clean and presenting them to customers.
- Stocking wait staff serving stations with napkins, utensils, trays, and condiments, and assisting the wait staff with all aspects of service.
- Clearing tables and preparing them for the next customers.
- Assisting in cleaning and opening or closing tasks.
- Scraping food from dirty dishes, pots, pans, plates, flatware, and glasses, washing dirty dishes, and putting them away.
- Assisting with sweeping, mopping, and polishing the restaurant, bar, kitchen, and equipment.
- Transporting used linen to or from the laundry or housekeeping section.
- Assisting with unloading and storing stock.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must meet the age limit for serving alcoholic beverages.
- A friendly, polite, and courteous nature.
- Strong customer service and team working skills.
- Physical stamina to work long hours on your feet.
- The flexibility to work shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.