Interview Questions for Stewards:
1. What would you do if, just before service, you discovered a table had been double-booked?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving, communication, and team working skills.
2. What tasks would you expect to perform during a busy period?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and experience of food service as well as team working skills.
3. How would you prioritize tasks during a busy period?
Demonstrates candidates' time management skills. Avoid candidates who demonstrate an unwillingness to assist with table clearing and dishwashing.
4. What information should you ask for when taking a reservation?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to handle administrative tasks.
5. How would respond if a customer stopped you and complained about their food?
Demonstrates candidates' customer service and problem-solving skills.