Social Worker Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated, compassionate individual to join our team as a social worker assistant. Your responsibilities will include assisting licensed social workers, providing psychological, rehabilitation, and social support to families, and guiding individuals to find suitable benefits and social services.
To be a successful social worker assistant, you should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. Ultimately, a top-notch social worker assistant is compassionate and empathetic and has high emotional intelligence.
Social Worker Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assisting social workers with their daily tasks.
- Assessing clients and determining the type of help they need.
- Working with social workers to determine treatment plans.
- Helping and supporting clients in care facilities and their families with daily tasks.
- Researching and coordinating community services, including food stamps and medical aid.
- Helping clients to complete the necessary paperwork to apply for assistance.
- Transporting clients or helping them to find transport.
- Undertaking regular check-ins with clients.
- Organizing and implementing group activities, such as support sessions, games, and exercise classes.
- Documenting client behavior, filing assessments, and maintaining rosters of relevant agencies.
Social Worker Assistant Requirements:
- An associate's or bachelor's degree in social work, social sciences, human services, or related will be preferred.
- Experience in social work may be advantageous.
- Experience with assessment tools and data entry software.
- Good computer and organizational skills.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Strongly compassionate and empathetic.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.