A School Social Worker provides counseling and help to students, parents, and school staff to address the psychological and social well-being of the students, from elementary to university age. The School Social Worker will also work with outside support services or agencies to assist those students who need help in their personal lives.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
School Social Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate, dedicated School Social Worker to assist in addressing the psychological and social well-being of our students. The School Social Worker's responsibilities include providing information to students, parents, and school staff, counseling students with personal and psychological issues, and addressing relevant issues in the school, such as school attendance, illegal drugs, teen pregnancy, and social adjustment issues. The School Social Worker will work with students in one-on-one, classroom, or school-wide sessions.
To be a successful School Social Worker, you should be dedicated to assisting our students, compassionate, and caring. You should also be knowledgeable of outside services, such as shelters, food banks, and medical care.
School Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Counseling students with personal and psychological issues that affect their performance, behavior, and socialization in school.
- Providing counseling sessions, treatment plans, or workshops as necessary and establishing prevention programs and intervention plans.
- Communicating with students to determine the areas in which they may need assistance or counseling.
- Assisting teachers and administrators with behavioral and attitude issues by communicating with students to find the causes of their distress.
- Providing information, when appropriate, to outside support services to help students with economic, emotional, or physical issues.
- Assisting at-risk students or students with disabilities.
- Communicating with parents, teachers, and administrators to understand students' challenges.
- Maintaining case files and reports to track students' progress and problems.
- Helping students and families suffering from abuse, violence, hunger, or homelessness to access resources like shelters, food banks, and medical care.
School Social Worker Requirements:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Social Work.
- A license and certification to practice Social Work.
- Experience in School Social Work may be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Compassion and empathy for patients and students.
- Professionalism and discretion.
- Good relationships with relevant social services.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources