Interview Questions for Caseworkers:
1. Can you describe a case where you had to set boundaries?
Reveals more about the candidate's work experience and their ability to remain objective in emotional situations.
2. What kinds of cases do you find the most challenging? How do you deal with them?
Tells us more about the candidate and reveals how they operate in difficult situations.
3. Can you share an example of when you had to read between the lines to assess an individual's true needs?
Tests social perceptiveness.
4. Have you ever disagreed with a colleague about a treatment or rehabilitation plan? How was it resolved?
Demonstrates critical thinking and conflict-management skills. This question also reveals how the candidate functions as part of a team.
5. How do you deal with clients who have violent outbursts during home visits?
Shows how the candidate handles tense situations.