Social Media Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for an observant and data-driven social media analyst to judge the success of social media campaigns by looking at post metrics. The social media analyst is responsible for providing feedback to clients and social media directors to let them know how a campaign has been received and how it should be adjusted.
To be successful as a social media analyst, you must have an in-depth understanding of how to read and interpret data. A top-notch social media analyst has excellent knowledge of social media tools and trends and can provide constructive criticism to team members.
Social Media Analyst Responsibilities:
- Analyzing social media post metrics.
- Making a note of posts that perform poorly and finding evidence for why this may be.
- Reporting to the Social Media Director to inform them of the success of social media campaigns.
- Providing constructive criticism to content creators to help them make improvements.
- Observing follower engagement and building a report on their behaviors.
- Researching new social media trends and tools.
- Keeping abreast of current events and pop culture to better understand user behavior.
Social Media Analyst Requirements:
- A degree in marketing, communications, or media, or training with social media.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Experience as a social media assistant, content creator, or a similar role.
- The ability to analyze data (specifically related to user behavior and engagement).
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to provide constructive criticism.