Also known as Bussers, Server Assistants are typically employed by family diners and restaurants to assist Servers in delivering food to patrons and responding to their requests. They clear, clean, and reset tables, refill beverages, and polish silverware.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Server Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a hardworking and dedicated Server Assistant to provide assistance to our Servers and ensure that tables are cleared, cleaned, and properly set for patrons. The Server Assistant’s responsibilities include preparing and refilling beverages, assisting Servers with processing payments, removing trash, and sanitizing restaurant menus. You should also be able to perform end-of-day clean-up duties.
To be successful as a Server Assistant, you should be well-organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Ultimately, an outstanding Server Assistant should demonstrate effective communication skills and achieve excellent customer service at all times.
Server Assistant Responsibilities:
- Welcoming patrons, escorting them to their tables, and providing them with menus.
- Serving complimentary snacks to patrons once they are seated.
- Wrapping utensils in napkins accordingly.
- Clearing dirty plates, utensils, and glassware from tables as required.
- Carrying dirty tableware to the kitchen area.
- Preparing tables for arriving patrons by wiping up spills, clearing away crumbs, replacing soiled linen, and setting up tableware, napkins, and condiments.
- Delivering food to tables when Servers are busy.
- Responding to patrons' requests and informing management of any complaints.
- Arranging tables and chairs to accommodate larger groups of patrons.
- Ensuring that the server station is adequately stocked with necessary restaurant supplies.
Server Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A food handler's license.
- Proven experience working in the restaurant industry.
- Sound knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources