Restaurant Servers, also known as Waiters or Waitresses, take meal orders and serve prepared meals to restaurant customers. The Restaurant Server also prepares bills and processes payments.
When interviewing Restaurant Servers, the ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and low energy levels.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Restaurant Servers:
1. Explain how you've satisfied angry customers. How did you handle the situation?
Tests customer service skills.
2. Can you describe your favorite appetizer, drink, entrée, or dessert on our menu?
Shows menu knowledge.
3. Can you name some common dietary restrictions and select one of our menu items for each?
Tests knowledge of ingredients.
4. How do you manage your tables on busy nights? How do you maintain service quality and accuracy?
Demonstrates the ability to multitask.
5. What is your approach to upselling items? Is it more important to sell expensive items or satisfy the patron?
Tests sales skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources