Also known as Food Servers, Waiters serve meals to restaurant customers and ensure that they are satisfied with their food. The Waiter is also responsible for placing meal orders, preparing bills, and keeping seating areas clean.
When interviewing Waiters, the ideal candidate should be able to work flexible hours and be able to walk or stand for long periods of time. Be wary of candidates with poor customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Waiters:
1. Explain how you've satisfied angry customers. How did you handle the situation?
Tests customer service skills.
2. Can you describe your favorite appetizer, drink, entrée, or dessert on our menu?
Shows menu knowledge.
3. Can you name some common dietary restrictions and select one of our menu items for each?
Tests knowledge of ingredients.
4. How do you manage your tables on busy nights? How do you maintain service quality and accuracy?
Demonstrates the ability to multitask.
5. What is your approach to upselling items? Is it more important to sell expensive items or satisfy the patron?
Tests sales skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources