Also known as Servers, Waiters serve customers in restaurants by placing their food orders and bringing the prepared food to their table.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Waiter Job Description Template
Waiters assist restaurant patrons by noting their order, serving tables their requested meals, and preparing bills at the end of the table's meal. Waiters are also responsible for asking customers if they are satisfied with their meal and providing any assistance should the customer not be satisfied.
To be successful as a Waiter you must have the endurance to stand for long hours and have patience with difficult customers. A good Waiter anticipates the needs of customers and provides all services in a friendly manner.
- Greet customers and hand out menus.
- Take meal and beverage orders from customers and place these orders in the kitchen.
- Make menu recommendations and inform patrons of any specials.
- Deliver meals and beverages to tables when they have been prepared.
- Check that customers are satisfied with their meal.
- Prepare the bill for tables when requested.
- Cash up bills and ensure that the correct amount has been paid.
- Administer change to tables if needed.
- Endurance to walk and stand for long hours.
- Flexible work hours.
- Ability to remain calm and professional with difficult customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Coordination to carry plates or trays without dropping anything.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources