Restaurant Server Job Description Template
We are looking for a restaurant server with excellent coordination and people skills. The restaurant server is responsible for taking food orders, placing these orders with kitchen staff, and serving the prepared meals to tables.
To be successful as a restaurant server you must have patience with difficult customers and ensure that patrons have an enjoyable experience. A good Restaurant Server remains calm and efficient during busy shifts and works well in a team.
Restaurant Server Responsibilities:
- Welcome customers and hand out menus.
- Inform customers about specials on offer.
- Take down beverage and meal orders.
- Place orders with kitchen staff.
- Serve prepared meals to customers.
- Prepare the bill and process payments.
Restaurant Server Requirements:
- Excellent coordination.
- Ability to work long shifts.
- Ability to remain calm during busy shifts.
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Stamina to stand and walk throughout shifts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Prior experience as a server would be advantageous.