Waiters or Waitresses serve restaurant customers by taking their food and beverage orders and serving their prepared orders in a timely manner. The Waitress is also responsible for ensuring that meals are paid for in full.
When interviewing Waitresses, the ideal candidate should be energetic and friendly. Be wary of candidates who cannot handle stressful situations or difficult customers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Waitresses:
1. Explain how you've satisfied angry customers. How did you handle the situation?
Tests customer service skills.
2. Describe your favorite appetizer, drink, entrée, or dessert on our menu.
Shows menu knowledge.
3. Can you name some common dietary restrictions and select one of our menu items for each?
Tests knowledge of ingredients.
4. How do you manage your tables on busy nights, while maintaining service quality and accuracy?
Demonstrates the ability to multitask.
5. What is your approach to upselling items? Is it more important to sell expensive items or satisfy the patron?
Tests sales skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources