Also known as Bussers, Server Assistants work in the restaurant industry and are responsible for helping Servers fulfill patrons' requests. They serve complimentary welcome snacks to patrons, refill beverages, and ensure that tables are clean and properly set for patrons.
When interviewing Server Assistants, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate helpfulness, efficiency, and sound knowledge of proper food handling procedures. Be wary of candidates who are unable to handle fast-paced environments and have poor customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Server Assistants:
1. What would you do if a patron complained to you about a Server's attitude?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and customer service skills, as well as experience.
2. What would you do if a Server compelled you to perform his/her duties in addition to your own?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and problem-solving skills.
3. How do you minimize tableware breakages when setting up or clearing tables?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and ability to exercise caution.
4. As a Server Assistant, what steps can you take to ensure that patrons have a positive dining experience?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, customer service skills, and experience.
5. What would you do if you and a Server were in disagreement about how to handle an irate patron?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, communication skills, and ability to work as part of a team.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources