Retail buyers are responsible for sourcing suppliers and purchasing a variety of products for companies and businesses in the retail industry. They conduct research, maintain relationships with vendors, and manage the negotiations and logistics of the procurement and distribution process.
When interviewing retail buyers, strong candidates will have excellent analytical thinking abilities and negotiation skills. Be wary of candidates who poor research or interpersonal communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Retail Buyers:
1. What types of retail products do you have experience with?
Reveals the candidate's work history.
2. What techniques do you use when negotiating with a supplier?
Explores the candidate's interpersonal and communication skills.
3. How do you keep up to date with the latest consumer and product trends?
Assesses the candidate's research skills.
4. How would you ensure you are receiving high-quality products from a new supplier?
Tests the candidates buying knowledge and abilities.
5. How would you deal with a client who is unhappy due to a slow-moving product?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and analytical thinking abilities.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources