Interview Questions for Purchasing Assistants:
1. How would you increase sales of a particular product?
Tests problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
2. Can you describe a time when your recommendation secured a contract?
Tests interpersonal and negotiation skills.
3. What is the most important skill you have acquired in your career so far?
Reveals skill set and knowledge of the role.
4. Can you describe how you would select new goods for your company?
Tests knowledge of market trends and reveals more about the candidate's buying process.
5. Can you describe a time when you dealt with a difficult vendor?
Tests interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.