Purchasing Assistants help Buyers complete inventory checks, proofread order forms, conduct market research, and maintain a network of clients and vendors. They also sit in on meetings with vendors and ensure all goods are checked and delivered timeously.
When interviewing Purchasing Assistants, the best candidates are keen multitaskers with excellent organizational skills. Be wary of candidates who struggle to focus and display poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Purchasing Assistants:
1. How would you increase sales of a particular product?
Tests problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
2. Can you describe a time when your recommendation secured a contract?
Tests interpersonal and negotiation skills.
3. What is the most important skill you have acquired in your career so far?
Reveals skill set and knowledge of the role.
4. Can you describe how you would select new goods for your company?
Tests knowledge of market trends and reveals more about the candidate's buying process.
5. Can you describe a time when you dealt with a difficult vendor?
Tests interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources