Procurement Managers, also known as Purchasing Managers, manage a company’s sourcing capabilities and supply chain. They are responsible for strategizing and negotiating with suppliers and vendors in order to acquire the most cost-effective deals and to reduce procurement expenses.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Procurement Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an innovative Procurement Manager to lead our procurement team. You will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
Our Procurement Manager will be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
Procurement Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Preparing procurement reports.
Procurement Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Oracle, SAP Ariba, and/or Envision.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources