Interview Questions for Buyers:
1. What are the most important skills for a buyer to have?
Tests candidate's understanding of the role.
2. Describe a time when you had a challenging negotiation with a supplier. What was the outcome?
Tests interpersonal and negotiation skills.
3. What has been your biggest achievement in your buying career?
Reveals strengths and procurement skills.
4. How do you select quality products for the business?
Reveals more about the candidate's buying process.
5. If sales are down for a particular product, how do you overcome this?
Tests problem solving and analytical skills.