Buyer Job Description Template
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business. Your responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining an inventory, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. The buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
The Buyer should be analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices according to budget. Knowledge of sales and marketing principles is advantageous.
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in appropriate software.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel.