Also known as Purchasing Managers, Procurement Managers are responsible for supply chain management. They carry out various duties, including the development of procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
When interviewing candidates for this role be sure to look out for individuals who are knowledgeable in policies and procedures relating to sourcing and procurement systems. Be wary of candidates who have not worked with supply chain management software in the past.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Procurement Managers:
1. How do you perform market analysis in order to source the most cost-effective supply rates? What tools do you use?
Illustrates the ability to “read” the market and to source effective solutions to reduce procurement costs.
2. Do you have experience using supply chain management software? If so, what platforms have you used in the past?
Shows experience in using supply chain management software.
3. Describe a time when you successfully negotiated advantageous terms with a supplier. How did you achieve this?
Shows negotiating ability.
4. If a department requests to order equipment that is beyond budget, how would you handle the situation?
Tests procurement management skills.
5. How do you manage supplier and/or vendor relationships?
Reveals the ability to maintain positive supplier and/or vendor relationships and the drive to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources