Purchasing Assistants help Purchasers or Managers to complete inventory checks, fill out and proofread order forms, and conduct market research. They also sit in on meetings with vendors and ensure all goods are checked and delivered on time.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Purchasing Assistant Job Description Template
We are searching for a well-organized, energetic Purchasing Assistant to help the Purchaser carry out day-to-day tasks. The Purchasing Assistant's responsibilities include researching market trends, maintaining relationships with both vendors and clients, making travel arrangements, inspecting inventory, and updating relevant spreadsheets and documents.
To be successful as a Purchasing Assistant, you should have excellent administrative and communication skills. An exceptional Purchasing Assistant should be an innovator with an eye for spotting market trends.
Purchasing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Organizing trips to merchandising events and making travel arrangements as required.
- Attending meetings with vendors and taking minutes.
- Placing and tracking orders.
- Assisting with analyses and reports.
- Arranging meetings with stakeholders.
- Assisting with the inspection of goods.
- Assisting with negotiation strategies and making recommendations.
- Maintaining knowledge of market/industry trends.
Purchasing Assistant Requirements:
- Degree in Marketing, or similar.
- Previous retail experience recommended.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform in fast-paced environments.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to travel abroad when required.
- Proficiency in Excel.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources