Purchasing Agents research, process, and verify product and service purchase orders for companies.
The most suitable candidate will have a strong analytical mind and excellent organizational skills. Be wary of candidates with little business savvy and poor negotiation skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Purchasing Agents:
1. Can you describe how you evaluate products and suppliers?
Demonstrates the ability to research and analyze products and suppliers according to relevant criteria.
2. What do you do when you notice a discrepancy between a purchase order and its receipt?
Reveals problem-solving skills.
3. How do you deal with a supplier who offers the best deals but has become unreliable?
Shows work experience and ability to negotiate difficult situations.
4. How do you ensure that all transaction records are accurate and updated?
Demonstrates organizational skills and the ability to maintain strong attention to detail.
5. Can you describe a situation in which you negotiated the best possible deal for your employer?
Reveals work experience and negotiation skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources