Procurement Officers are responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Procurement Officer Job Description Template
We are looking for an astute Procurement Officer to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The Procurement Officer's responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
To be successful as a Procurement Officer you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, a top Procurement Officer should be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
Procurement Officer Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
Procurement Officer Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a Procurement Officer or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources