Procurement Officers are responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
Procurement Officer Job Description Template
We are looking for an astute Procurement Officer to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The Procurement Officer's responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
To be successful as a Procurement Officer you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, a top Procurement Officer should be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
Procurement Officer Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
Procurement Officer Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a Procurement Officer or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources