Merchandisers plan and manage product ranges, inventory, displays and promotions. They collaborate with buyers, suppliers, analysts and retail teams to have the right products in stock, on the shelf and in attractive displays at the right price to interest customers and produce sales.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Merchandiser Job Description Template
We are looking for an analytical and creative Merchandiser to plan and implement merchandising strategies, collaborate with channel partners and build customer relationships. The Merchandiser's responsibilities include understanding customer behavior, monitoring stock movements, managing inventory levels, ensuring product displays are appealing to customers and implementing promotional activities. You should also be able to handle supply problems and customer issues.
To be successful as a Merchandiser, you should be up-to-date with merchandising trends and produce sales through attractive product displays and promotions. Top candidates will have excellent organizational, interpersonal and decision-making skills, be able to handle pressure and satisfy customer expectations while meeting company objectives.
- Planning and developing merchandising strategies.
- Analyzing sales figures, market trends and customer behavior to determine product needs.
- Stocking sales floor shelves and creating attractive product displays.
- Determining the need for and implementing product promotions, price changes, mark downs, clear outs, etc.
- Ensuring retail staff are well informed on product details and promotions.
- Maintaining and tracking inventory.
- Liaising between customer and company.
- Forecasting sales and profits.
- Managing budgets.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Previous experience in merchandising or retail preferred.
- Degree in business, marketing, retail or related field may be preferred.
- Strong organisational and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Valid driver's license.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources