Also known as a Music Producer, a Record Producer oversees the sound recording and production process of a band or musician. Record Producers play various roles in the music production process and they may contribute as an Arranger, Musician, or Songwriter.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Record Producer Job Description Template
We are looking for a Record Producer to be responsible for managing the recording and production process. The responsibilities of a Record Producer include crafting ideas for music projects, improving lyrics and arrangements, and collaborating with other artists.
To be successful as a Record Producer, you should have a musical ear, strong audio mixing abilities, and a creative approach to recording a project. Ultimately, a top-notch Record Producer should be able to work well with a variety of people and possess exceptional musical instincts and studio experience.
Record Producer Responsibilities:
- Writing lyrics.
- Making adjustments to musical arrangements.
- Coaching singers and musicians during studio sessions.
- Supervising the process of recording music.
- Selecting music for musicians.
- Composing original music arrangements.
Record Producer Requirements:
- Qualification in Music Production or extensive experience in Music Production.
- Experience in composing music.
- Audio mixing skills.
- A creative musical ear.
- Familiar with studio and audio equipment and software.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources