Program Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for a Program Analyst to support and advise the Program Manager in planning, managing, and evaluating programs, operations, and processes. The Program Manager's responsibilities include conducting research, analyzing complex data sets and systems, identifying trends, and preparing reports and recommendations. You will also be responsible for drafting policies and procedures, assisting with budgeting processes, tracking and evaluating operational and program performance, and identifying and resolving any issues.
To be successful as a Program Analyst, you should be able to provide expert guidance to optimize systems, procedures, and processes, evaluate operational and program effectiveness and develop solutions to make improvements or address performance issues. An outstanding Program Analyst should have strong project management, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Program Analyst Responsibilities:
- Conducting research, analyzing data, identifying trends, and preparing reports.
- Determining program requirements and making recommendations.
- Analyzing programs, policies, procedures, and systems and making recommendations to optimize these.
- Drafting new or revised policies and procedures.
- Assisting program managers with the development of budgets and schedules as well as tracking metrics.
- Assessing and advising on potential issues related to costs, schedules, and performance.
- Advising program managers with regard to planning, testing, and implementing new programs or systems.
- Identifying and resolving issues and problems.
- Planning, analyzing, and evaluating the effectiveness of operations and programs.
- Preparing and presenting reports and recommendations.
Program Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience as a Program Analyst, Management Analyst, or in a similar role.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and report writing skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of multiple databases and software systems.
- Ability to collect and analyze complex sets of data.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills.