Interview Questions for Program Administrators:
1. How would you deliver an outstanding project on a limited budget?
Look for applicants that demonstrate creativity when working with budgets. Candidates should also be able to prioritize essential budget items.
2. How do you go about sourcing suitable and reliable partners and suppliers for a project?
Look for candidates that demonstrate research and negotiating skills. Candidates should also demonstrate an ability to match event needs and objectives with the correct supplier or partner.
3. Can you tell me about a project that was at risk of going over budget? How did you turn it around?
Look for candidates that exhibit innovative thinking and problem-solving skills.
4. How do you effectively manage your time when planning a project?
Ideally, candidates should demonstrate that they are experts at managing their time. Take note of candidates who can tell you about specific tools which they use, such as a scheduling app on their mobile device or a color-coded board, for example.
5. Can you give an example of a time you had to manage more than one project? How did you handle it?
Highlights the candidate's organizational and multi-tasking skills.