Physical Therapy Technicians, also known as Physical Therapy Aides, assist Physical Therapists with tasks that are indirectly related to patient care, including performing administrative and clerical tasks, cleaning equipment, and preparing treatment areas. Physical Therapy Technicians work in hospitals or therapists' offices.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Physical Therapy Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Physical Therapy Technician. The responsibilities of the Physical Therapy Technician include helping patients move around, organizing and cleaning treatment areas, recording patient progress for the Physical Therapist, and ordering and arranging supplies.
To be successful as a Physical Therapy Technician you should have a compassionate, courteous, and friendly personality. Ultimately, a top-notch Physical Therapy Technician enjoys helping people and is detail-oriented with great manual dexterity.
Physical Therapy Technician Responsibilities:
- Assisting patients with light exercises during physical therapy sessions.
- Helping patients to move from room to room.
- Cleaning and preparing treatment areas and equipment before and after each session.
- Changing and washing patients' linens and pillows.
- Recording patients' progress for the Physical Therapist.
- Performing clerical tasks, such as answering phones and scheduling appointments.
- Handling the necessary paperwork, such as filling out insurance forms.
- Ordering and arranging supplies.
Physical Therapy Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous clinical experience and on-the-job training may be advantageous.
- Willingness to adhere to HIPAA regulations and protect patients' privacy.
- Good computer skills.
- Compassion and empathy when helping patients.
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Attention to detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources