Also known as a Physical Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapy Aides help Physical Therapists during sessions. The Physical Therapy Aide also performs basic clerical duties.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Physical Therapy Aide Job Description Template
We are looking for a Physical Therapy Aide with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for helping others. The Physical Therapy Aide will be responsible for guiding patients through exercises and assisting patients to and from the therapy area.
To be successful as a Physical Therapy Aide you must be relatively fit. A good Physical Therapy Aide has patience and compassion when working with patients who might be resistant.
Physical Therapy Aide Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls.
- Schedule appointments.
- Help patients to and from therapy areas.
- Lift and move patients with mobility problems.
- Guide patients through exercises.
- Set up therapy equipment.
- Sanitize therapy areas.
- Change linen.
- Massage or stretch patients' muscles.
- Inform patients and their families about after-therapy treatment.
- Monitor patients' progress during sessions.
Physical Therapy Aide Requirements:
- Completion of a physical therapist assistant program.
- Valid physical therapist assistant license.
- Physical strength to lift and move patients.
- Relative fitness levels.
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources