Physical Therapy Aide Job Description Template
We are looking for a resourceful physical therapy aide to support our physical therapists. In this role, you will be assisting with patient intake, preparing equipment and treatment areas, and moving mobility-challenged patients to designated locations within our facility.
To ensure success, physical therapy aides should exhibit a solid grasp on the daily operations of a physical therapy facility and the ability to work under the supervision of physical therapists. An outstanding physical therapy aide will be someone whose organizational skills and attentive insight contribute to exceptional patient care.
Physical Therapy Aide Responsibilities:
- Performing patient intake tasks.
- Preparing equipment and treatment rooms.
- Liaising between patients, physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, and other departments.
- Assisting patients to walk, sit, and stand, as well as transporting them via wheelchair to locations within the facility.
- Observing patients performing prescribed physical exercises and immediately reporting concerns.
- Documenting patients' responses to treatment and updating patient files.
- Performing basic prescribed treatments such as applying ice packs or heat pads as instructed.
- Cleaning and sanitizing equipment and therapy areas, as well as changing linen.
- Performing administrative tasks, including ordering supplies, answering phone calls, and scheduling appointments.
Physical Therapy Aide Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification preferred.
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in office software, such as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Keen attention to detail and a caring nature.
- Ability to perform tasks that require physical strength.