A Dietary Aide works with dieticians and doctors to provide nutritious meals to patients or residents of nursing facilities. The Dietary Aide talks to patients about their dietary preferences in order to provide them with healthy meals they enjoy.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Dietary Aide Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented Dietary Aide to assist our Dieticians in devising healthy, nutritious meal plans for patients and residents in assisted living and nursing homes. The Dietary Aide's responsibilities include guiding people according to their dietary requirements and their wish to lose or gain weight, helping prepare healthy food, helping with cleaning and maintaining kitchens and dining areas, delivering food to residents, and taking and maintaining kitchen stock. The Dietary Aide will work to ensure that patients receive food that is safe for them to eat and that meets their individual nutrition guidelines.
To be a successful Dietary Aide, you should demonstrate strong attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions. You should have physical stamina, and be considerate and compassionate towards patients and residents.
Dietary Aide Responsibilities:
- Reviewing patients' dietary requirements and preferences and discussing them with Dieticians to develop healthy menus and nutritional care plans.
- Preparing individual dietary menus based on patients' medical conditions, physical health, preferences, and distastes.
- Assisting with meal preparation and serving.
- Inspecting special diet trays to ensure they comply with the dietary restrictions.
- Monitoring patients' eating habits and reporting problems with swallowing, chewing, or loss of appetite.
- Counseling and educating patients and their families on proper nutrition.
- Assisting the Cook with determining kitchen supplies and stock for the day, as well as checking and maintaining stock levels.
- Assisting with cleaning duties in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Maintaining current knowledge of recent health food trends and cooking techniques.
Dietary Aide Requirements:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- An Associate's degree in nutrition, health, diet, or a related field may be advantageous.
- Work-related experience may be advantageous.
- Excellent cooking skills and the ability to successfully operate cooking equipment.
- The ability to comply with sanitation regulations.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamworking skills.
- Strong computer and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to follow instructions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources