Interview Questions for Physical Therapist Assistants:
1. Describe some of your most challenging cases. What therapies did you use?
Reveals more about work history.
2. How do you assess a patient’s condition? How do you track progress?
Shows attention to detail.
3. How do you motivate patients? How do you deal with patients who refuse to cooperate?
Tests interpersonal skills.
4. How do you resolve disagreements with doctors/ PTs?
Tests conflict resolution skills.
5. How do you set expectations for family members/caregivers and provide status updates? How do you keep them engaged throughout recovery?
Shows communication skills.