Physical Therapist Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for an attentive physical therapist assistant to help physical therapists with their sessions. The physical therapist assistant is responsible for massaging patients, sanitizing treatment areas, and setting up therapy equipment.
To be successful as a physical therapist assistant you must have excellent interpersonal skills. A good physical therapist assistant has the strength to lift and move patients with mobility problems.
Physical Therapist Assistant Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls.
- Schedule appointments.
- Massage and stretch muscles where necessary.
- Set up therapy equipment.
- Sanitize therapy area.
- Lift or move patients.
- Monitor patients during sessions.
- Guide patients through exercises where necessary.
- Brief patients and their families on after-therapy care.
Physical Therapist Assistant Requirements:
- Certification from a physical therapist assistant program.
- Valid physical therapist assistant license.
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift and move patients.
- Computer literacy skills.