A Massage Therapist performs therapeutic massages on clients to improve circulation, promote relaxation, and relieve stress, pain and injuries. Massage Therapists collaborate with other professionals such as chiropractors, physicians, psychologists and physiotherapists to assist with treatments.
Massage Therapist Job Description Template
We are looking to recruit a professional, courteous Massage Therapist to provide our guests with a wide range of massage services. The Message Therapist will consult with guests to screen them for underlying conditions, and to assist with selecting appropriate services. You will perform massages in a manner that prevents injuries to your wrists and other parts of your body. You will assist guests with inquiries, and explain treatments and packages in a courteous manner.
To ensure success you need to assist guests with selecting the most appropriate services for their needs, be skilled at performing massages and ensure guest retention. Preferred candidates are friendly, guest-oriented and dexterous.
Massage Therapist Responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in meetings and training sessions.
- Ensuring clean, safe and well-organized spa facility.
- Setting up spa and work stations, and ensuring cleanliness and tidiness throughout shift.
- Assisting with keeping linens clean and tidy, and replacing them between sessions.
- Sterilizing equipment.
- Accompanying guests to and from treatment rooms.
- Consulting with clients to identify appropriate massage services.
- Providing massage services listed in brochure.
- Maintaining records and filing documentation.
- Complying with all applicable standards, rules and regulations.
Massage Therapist Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 6+ months work experience as a massage therapist.
- Proficient knowledge of reflexology, Swedish, prenatal, hot stone, trigger point,sports and deep tissue massage.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent people skills.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Dexterous and able to stand for extended periods.
- Comfortable with performing massages on diverse clients.